As carers supporting people near end of life we need to help an older person maintain the best quality of life possible. We need to minimise their suffering be it physical, emotional or spiritual. We need to support them to have a loving, dignified and peaceful death wherever possible. Just as we value the birth companion, so we should recognise the importance of the death companion’s role, and your kind, compassionate and informed approach at this time will truly make a difference.
Amanda’s powerful end of life film The Big Adventure shares the needs and experiences of those at end of life including, the relatives perspective, fears and anxieties and good practice. Discussion topics are then provided within the workbook for extended learning. Amanda’s podcasts with special guests and experts will enhance understanding and empathy and delivery of care.
Amanda’s unique and truly inspirational masterclass will share her personal and profound knowledge of working with the dying for over 20 years. She will share innovative techniques to ease transitions, and natural supportive ways to relieve pain and anxiety.
Amanda will demonstrate the ability to be with those who are dying, to honour them through music, song, silence, and touch, so we may not only enhance the lives of those we are caring for, but of ourselves as well.
She will provide inspiration for ceremonies that uplift and celebrate those that are nearing the end of life.
She will be addressing intergenerational involvement, family dynamics and the power of poetry, meditation and mantra.
The workbook will include:
Discussion topics and learning exercises inspired by Amanda’s end of life film THE BIG ADVENTURE and her other short films.
Guidance and Tips on how to be with someone who is dying, pacifying fears, pain management, words to uplift, comfort and inspire, letting go, creating a peaceful environment, end of life care in dementia, forgiveness, physical care, the dying process, post mortem care, honouring and remembrance, supporting different cultures.
EXTRA BONUS Support will be provided with Amanda’s end of life care meditations to be shared with those that are dying including songs and music and exercises specifically written to enhance your caring of others and yourself.
Learning outcomes include:
- Describing ways to support the dignity of those nearing end of life.
- Exploring the power of communication and understanding verbal and non verbal ways to reach others at end of life.
- Understanding ways to provide comfort and alleviate anxiety.
- Recognising the value of compassionate care and connection.
- Describe ways to prevent compassion fatigue.
- Understanding grief and loss.
- Describe ways to support oneself whilst caring for others at end of life.
In this Chapter:
- A Personal Message from Amanda Waring
- An Introduction with Amanda Waring
- Award winning Films
- One-on-one Masterclass with Amanda Waring
- Group Masterclass with Amanda Waring
- Commitment Pledges
- Working Journal
- Debate facilitation with Amanda Waring
- Group and Individual Exercises
- Print outs
- Self-assessment schedule
- Video guidance though out each section
- A thank you from Amanda Waring and a signed Certificate of Completion
- Audio Poems
- Guided Meditations